Weight Management Lifestyle Tips
- Choose lean meats. Remove the skin from chicken. Cook using cooking spray, broth or wine rather than oil or butter.
- Steam vegetables. Avoid topping them with butter or cheese.
- Choose whole grains rather than foods maid with refined white flour.
- Try to eat at least one vegetarian meal per wekk.
- don't completely deprice yourself of your favorite foods, but eat your less healthy favorites only occasionally and in smaller portions.
- Increase you water intake. When you feel a craving to snack, drink a glass of water instead.
- Try fruit for dessert.
- After finishing a meal, if you are tempted to eat seconds, leave the table and go on a walk or choose another diverting activity.
- If you still want more, choose a second helping of vegetables.
- Don't eat in front of the TV. research shows that people eat more when they eat while watching television.
- Keep a food journal. it will make you aware of how much and how often you eat.
- When eating out, ask for a box at the beginning of a meal and put half of your meal in the box for tomorrow's lunch.
- Fill half of your plate with vegetables, divide the other half evenly between whole grains and protein.
- If you can't find the time or stamina, break up your workout. Three 10-minute periods of exercise give the same benefits as one 30-minute workout.
- Work more activity into your life. Take the stairs. park farther from the store. Buy a pedometer, and don't stop being active until you have reached 10,000 steps each day.
- When you can't find the motivation to work out, focus on how you feel after exercising.
- Remember that exercise has many benefits beyond weight loss.
Post a Comment